DATeCH brings together researchers and practitioners looking for innovative approaches for the creation, transformation and exploitation of historical documents in digital form.
OCR technology and tools for historical documents including:
- Methods and tools for post-correction of OCR results.
- Automated quality control for mass OCR data.
- Innovative access methods for historical texts and corpora.
- Natural language processing of ancient languages (Latin, Greek).
- Visualization techniques and interfaces for search and research in digital humanities.
- Crowdsourcing techniques for collecting and annotating data in digital humanities.
- Enrichment of and metadata production for historical texts and corpora.
- January 7, 2014 – Paper submission deadline
- February 28, 2014 – Decision notification
- March 31, 2014 – Camera-ready papers due
- May 19-20, 2014 – Conference